Fri, August 1st, 2008 at 19:49
Yep, it happened again... I said I wouldn't work on it anymore, and voila, another version appears anyway.
V4 has quite a few bugfixes, a couple of new features, and three new playable stages from the get go, with more in the making.
Download the new AmplituDS here
A quick hint to one of the new stages, which is included in the package:
The other two stages, are downloadable on the forums only, and can be found here
. They are "Ode to Megaman" by Aaron, and "Unreal" by Dementedioser.
As for some other news: Aaron also made a nice new stage creator application for AmplituDS, which makes the process a lot easier. Thanks, Aaron. Check that
out over here
Now, what's new in AmplituDS v4?
- A new and improved way of adding worlds and stages! With the ease of dropping in a folder.
- New layouts and settings formats (made easy by a converter created by Aaron)
- Making hitting the targets more visual.
- Create several new looks for targets.
The bugs fixed?
- Freestyle possibly working in menus; thanks to Dementedioser for bringing it to my attention
- Instruments marked to be played in the background could fail; thanks to Aaron for bringing it to my attention
- Wrong menu option highlighted for 1/30th of a second when going to a new menu; thanks to Aaron for bringing it to my attention
- Scoring inconsistency when using autoblaster in certain situations; thanks to Aaron for bringing it to my attention
Thanks go out to all the stage creators and people who helped made this a reality. Special thanks to Aaron, Dementedioser and DevilSpawn for this one.